With all of the snow the area has gotten recently, it’s hard to think about warmer weather and sunny days. As anyone planning a wedding will tell you, though, those days will be here sooner than you think. So while you’re getting ready to say “I do,” keep in mind these wedding planning do’s and don’ts.
- Do start planning now: Often times it’s easy to focus on the “fun” planning activities such as buying a wedding dress and ordering invitations, but don’t forget about the logistics of planning for guests, including their restroom needs. By calling us early in your planning process, you will get one major to-do out of the way that is hugely important. Haven’t started planning yet? The SCTimes has some great tips to help you start planning your wedding, including prioritizing and being realistic.
- Don’t settle for standard restrooms: Don’s Johns offers quality portable restroom resources that aren’t your typical porta potty experience. Our award-winning luxury trailers are just what you need to impress guests and give your outdoor summer or fall wedding a touch of elegance.
- Do provide us with as many details as possible: Have you found the perfect outdoor venue but there’s one drawback—no outdoor restrooms? The Washington, D.C. metro area is full of beautiful outdoor wedding spaces that will benefit from extra restroom units. This is especially true if you have a large number of guests or alcohol will be served. Our event planning guide will help you estimate how many units will be needed based on attendance, event duration, alcohol served and more.
- Don’t ignore these common wedding mistakes: Planning a wedding is so much fun but often couples jump in too quickly and become overwhelmed. Little items like photographers and favors are just as important as budget and venue. We like Glamour’s wedding section to help with planning, especially their tips on avoiding major planning mistakes.
- Do have fun while planning: This is a great time for you and your significant other! You’re getting ready to start a new journey together, so it takes both of you to plan your wedding. Even if there are snags along the way, just keep thinking like these men who secretly love wedding planning and you’re guaranteed to have the perfect wedding day.
Our main goal is to help make your wedding planning not only easy, but enjoyable. If you’re looking to bring luxury and comfort to your outdoor wedding, call Don’s Johns and start planning with us today!
Fall is one of the most popular times to have an outdoor wedding because of the cooler weather and beautiful colors in nature. But planning an outdoor fall wedding can be tricky – between knowing the right number of restroom facilities needed to keeping your guests warm – things can get complicated. With 50+ years of experience in the industry, we have some insider tips to help ensure all your guests’ needs are met and your wedding day goes off without a hitch.
1. Proper Restroom Facilities
Many outdoor wedding venues don’t offer a sufficient amount of restroom facilities for your guests, which forces guests to wait in long lines or walk a long way to the bathrooms. When guests are provided with adequate restroom facilities, they stay longer and have a better time. If you are planning on serving alcohol at your reception, it’s important that you increase the number of restrooms by 20%. If you know there are going to be a higher percentage of women in attendance (beyond 50%), increase the number of units by 25-50%. Additionally, it’s important always include at least one wheelchair accessible unit! For more guidance on choosing the correct number of restroom facilities check out our Event Planning Guide.
2. Upgrading from Standard to Luxurious
Almost as important as providing an adequate number of restroom facilities, is providing your guests with luxurious restroom trailers instead of standard units. Weddings should feel anything but standard and this simple switch is an easy way to wow your guests. The Don’s Johns’ luxury trailers come with amenities such as granite countertops, marble walls, shelving and climate-controlled heat and air. The trailers include a dual audio system that not only plays soothing music for visiting guests, but also ensures those waiting to use the restroom don’t miss any moments from your big day with three flat screen televisions. These trailers always give guests something to talk about!
3. Bathroom Décor
If you really want to get your guests talking, we suggest including a few subtle extras in the trailers such as, a bathroom essentials basket, monogrammed towels, fresh flowers or luxe soaps. Remembering small details like these create the finishing touches on a luxurious fall wedding. Guests will think they have transported from an outdoor venue to a five-star hotel!
Now that you know the industry tips to creating a luxurious outdoor wedding this fall, contact a Don’s Johns representative today for a free luxury restroom trailer quote. Let us help you with your special day!